What are you playing: May/June 2022

Books, music, movies, your love life...anything goes.
catalyst

What are you playing: May/June 2022

Post by catalyst »

What's on your table/screen these days?

RPGs:
I'm playing a Dragonborn Paladin in a weekly 5e campaign and DMing a weekly PF2 campaign. We use Fantasy Grounds as a VTT for both games. It's been an interesting opportunity to compare the two systems. Although I prefer the simplicity of 5e, there's a lot of fun innovations in PF2 that keep the game fresh.

I'm also DMing a monthly in-person D&D game... or at least I would be if I could ever find a weekend when all my players are free.

I've also got a bunch of more narrative RPGs sitting on my "to play" shelf that I haven't had a chance to get to the table: Impulse Drive, Blades in the Dark, Brindlewood Bay, Thirsty Sword Lesbians, and Monster of the Week.

Video Games:
The last month has been all about Final Fantasy XIV. All my friends picked it up and I got dragged in, too. I've never been a huge fan of MMORPGs, but it's not bad. Fanbase is surprisingly friendly, possibly because there's almost no PVP.

Still need to finish Red Dead 2, My Time at Portia, Persona 4, and Death Stranding. Also had been playing a lot of Cities: Skylines.

Board Games:
Didn't play much in the way of board games this month, although we did get a game of Feast for Odin in last weekend. It's probably my favorite Euro at the moment, great mix of worker placement and polyomino placement.
catalyst

Re: What are you playing: May/June 2022

Post by catalyst »

Did a bit of board gaming this weekend. We played Fox in the Forest, which is a clever 2-player trick taking game where both players have cards that can do things like shift the trump suit or replace cards in their hand with cards from the deck. We also played Gaia Project, which is sort of the successor to Terra Mystica, in this game, two (or more) alien civilizations race to colonize as many planets as possible. Lastly, we got in a game of Bandito, which is a quick (~10 min) game in which the players work together to try to block a prisoner from digging his way free from prison.